Before my time ends, I hope that people become kinder and more compassionate. I hope all people have access to fresh water and medical care. If I can make a difference in those areas I would be happy indeed as I face the beyond.
I also have personal goals. thanks to the movie, Bucket List, like many people I have created a life list of things to do before dying.
Here is my list, which I realize now is all about travel and adventure. I have everything I want and lots of hobbies already, so I don’t really want to learn something new. Got any more ideas for me?
- Walk Ickneild Way (England) and other ancient walking paths
- Tour Scotland and Wales
- Himalayan Trek
- Trip around the world, taking two months (plane, train)
Travel in the West
- Walk into Lamar Valley, Yellowstone National Park
- Snow Coach tour of Yellowstone in the winter
- Alaska, staying at all the National Parks in Alaska
- ATV day trip into Arches National Park, Moab, UT
- Guided Llama trip into Rockies
Retrace John Steinbeck’s route in Travels with Charley
- Visit major birding spots in the US: 1 each fall, 1 each spring
- Visit all of the major Botanical Gardens in the US (already done: San Diego, Denver, Bronx, Cleveland, Tucson, San Francisco)
- Visit all US National Parks (all done except Alaska and HI)
- Snowbird lifestyle