Being a minister, some expect me to be a notch above others on the perfection scale. But, I am here to say, it is impossible to be perfect. Ministers are like every other flawed person. Besides, who likes a “holier than thou” type? I am thinking it is even good for the soul to have some startling habits. So, my spiritual advice this week is: own your bad habits, live imperfectly, relax for cryin out loud.
My Top 10 Bad Habits
- I leave my dirty dishes on the counter, often letting them accumulate for days at a time. I know it’s time to wash them when I get a faint odor from the kitchen
- I don’t clean house enough (I usually wait till someone is coming over then run around, so if I don’t get any visitors, things get bad around here)
- I exaggerate about everything….everything…everything
- I eat too many sweets and am especially fond of Reese’s peanut butter candy (eggs, hearts, cups) and York peppermint patties
- I forget to give my dog fresh water everyday (the clue that I have been a bad dog owner is when I hear a lapping sound in bathroom).
- I tried Fireball Whiskey and I love it.
- I clip the curb or median when driving my van, and it is a miracle I have not torn apart tires
- I Walk too fast, trip, and now that I am older I sometimes fall and break bones
- I have dozens of of unread books on my Kindle, and hundreds in my Amazon Wish List.
- I drive myself too hard, expect too much of myself
Now, keep in mind these are only my top 10. If you want to hear everything, bring me a bottle of Fireball Whiskey and some Reeses and we shall talk!
- On My Bookshelf: Love Does (meganminns.com)
- Bad Habit #1 (mylittlelifethoughts.wordpress.com)
- Habits – good and bad – stick when you’re stressed (healthbeauty4426.wordpress.com)